Looking back at PHUSE EU Connect 2020
The 16th PHUSE EU Connect, which took place from 9th to 13th November, was this year significantly different from previous events, of course mostly due to it being virtual instead of physical. The event was put in a new format, consisting of a combination of a live event week and pre-recorded sessions. It, however, still contained the elements that make up a Connect, including to two inspirational keynotes, over 150 quality presentations, a poster session, instructive hands-on workshops, interactive panel discussions and three amazing social events.
The COVID-19 pandemic did not only affect the format of this year’s PHUSE, it also brought fresh content for the talks. It was impressive to hear how organisations, companies and employees have coped with the COVID-19 situation and what the impact was on clinical trials and research. It also showed us how fast we can learn and adapt to new challenges.
OCS Life Sciences has contributed to this years’ event with four pre-recorded presentations, a live poster presentation and a live software demonstration:
- Kai Wanke: "Application Development (AD09) - Breaking boundaries: Working across different workspaces in LSAF"
- Pournima Prabhakaran: "Data Visualisation (DV08) - Template based graph generation in Python and its maintenance in Git"
- Fatima Kassim and Louella Schoemacher: "Standards Implementation (SI05) - Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Medicine Be Thy Food"
- Joske van Schijndel: "Standards Implementation (SI07) - Pooling lab data to support FDA submission: keep it clear and simple"
- Sofia Vale: "Poster Presentations (PP02) - Defining Standards: Challenges and Solutions in the Development of Define-XML for SDTM and ADaM"
- Jules van der Zalm and Lieke Gijsbers: "Enhanced Software Demonstrations - Software demo of the Mapping Engine – making the conversion of clinical data faster, easier, and cheaper"
For persons registered to the PHUSE EU Connect 2020, both the pre-recorded and live content is available to view on demand in the ON24 Engagement Hub. Are you not able to view the on demand content, but interested in of our presentations or should you have any questions after viewing our presentations, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
A big thank you to everyone involved who made this event a great success, and let’s hope that we can connect in-person in Belfast next year during the 17th PHUSE EU Connect!